CRICOS Provider Number : 00354G
Address : 577 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC, AUSTRALIA 3004
Website : www.wesleycollege.net
School Type : Coeducational school
Philosophy – Special Features, Brief history
Wesley College is a coeducational school founded in 1866 with a student body averaging over a 1,000 students to date. The Wesley College is a highly recognized college in Victoria with a history of academic excellence and provides the most up-to-date facilities for its students. Therefore, due to its facilities an extensive academic history, many students from around the world choose Wesley College as their educational institution of choice. Additionally, due to the large number of international students at the school, Wesley College promotes itself as a highly diversified college featuring a vast array of cultures, traditions and religions all gathered in one place. Overall, 95% of students in the school choose the IB Programme and have successfully progressed on to noteworthy universities in Australia and around the world. Students were accepted into the University of Melbourne, Monash University, Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard University.
Wesley College has 3 campuses:
- Elsternwick campus is open to all students from Kindergarten to Year 9 and is located 12 kilometres from Melbourne.
- Glen Waverly campus is open to all students from Kindergarten to Year 12 and is located 15 kilometres from Melbourne.
- St Kilda Road campus is open to all students from Kindergarten to Year 12 and is located 5 kilometres from Melbourne.
Curriculum and Qualifications
Wesley College has 2 curriculums:
- Courses in Year 9 – 10 will intensively prepare students for entry into Senior School.
- Courses in Year 11 – 12 will feature courses from IB, VCE and VET programmes. Students can freely choose which programme they wish to enrol in and its subjects.
Academic Achievement / Other Notable Achievements
Students from Wesley College have shown their ability to exceed expectations under VCE and IB programmes. Many students achieved an average ATAR score of 86.70 and 70% of students who took IB courses achieved ATAR scores of more than 90 points. Most students from the school were able to enter the University of Melbourne or Monash University successfully.
Support Services for International Students
The school can arrange suitable accommodations for the students, Guardianship services and ESL services at every campus. There will be on-site staff to help students through their academic year and provide counselling services for students planning on pursuing specific professions after graduation.