Queensland Government Schools
CRICOS Provider Number : 00608A
Address : 18th Fl. Education House, 30 Mary Street Brisbane QLD 4000
Website : www.eqi.com.au
Philosophy – Special Features, Brief history
Queensland Government Schools provide classes to young children to Year 12; students can start attending classes at Year 4 onwards. The schools are committed to promoting academic excellence, encourage creativity and guide students toward accepted disciplinary behaviours to conduct in and outside school grounds. The schools are fully equipped with qualified and professional teachers and staff, committed to providing excellent service and guidance to students.
There are a total of 51 Queensland Government Schools across different cities including Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and so forth.
Curriculum and Qualifications
Students in Year 8 – 10 are required to enrol in 5 mandatory subjects: Mathematics, Science, English, Health and Physical Education (HPE) and Humanities. Students in Year 11 – 12 have the option to choose the subjects they wish to take such as: Languages, Art and Design, Hospitality, Music and Film and Television. Graduates from Queensland receive the Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE), a certificate recognized by both national and international universities. Students possessing this certificate can continue onwards into their undergraduate programmes and earn their Bachelor’s Degrees.
Support Service for International Students
- Staff will be readily available to assist international students through teaching, offer guidance, counselling services, finding work experience to helping the student open a bank account.
- Staff will be responsible for coordinating with the homestay family to ensure the student is well cared for and the needs of the students and parents are met.
- Students will be able to contact staff 24-hours a day in case of an emergency.
- The schools provide additional English lessons after school for students who wish to improve their English skills.
- There will be transfer services available from the airport to the student’s accommodations without any service charge.
The Queensland Government Schools provide homestay accommodations to students under strict supervision from school staff.
English Language Support
Some schools provide preparatory English courses that enable students to effectively prepare for high school. This is done in the case of the student fails to meet a school’s English criteria.
Academic Achievement /Other Notable Achievements
Each there, there is an average of 89.9% of students that are accepted into universities across Australia, including TAFE institutions.