CRICOS Provider Number : 00147C
Website : www.ivanhoe.com.au
Address : P.O. Box 91, Ivanhoe, VIC, AUSTRALIA 3079
School Type : Co-educational School
Ivanhoe Grammar School is a coeducational day school, founded in 1915 accepting students from kindergarten to grade 12. The school has a profound history of academic success resulting in many students successfully continuing onto university. The curriculum is developed and designed with the student in mind to ensure all courses offered at the school are relevant to the student’s needs.
Ivanhoe Grammar school has 2 campuses:
- The Ridgeway Campus is located in Ivanhoe, situated 10 kilometres away from the city centre but is located to the train station.
- The Plenty Campus is located in the northern part of Mernda and it is a 40 minute drive to the Ridgeway Campus by car.
Curriculum and Qualifications
Ivanhoe Grammar School’s curriculum is divided into 4 main learning levels:
- Early Learning Centre: Young children (ages 3 – 4) will be mentally, physically and socially prepared for the academic journey ahead.
- Prep. to Year 8: Students must take core subjects including English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Environmental Studies, IT, Physical Education and Religious Studies.
- Year 9 to Year 10: Students will take core courses and electives based on the VCE curriculum.
- Year 11 to Year 12: Students will have the option to continue studying VCE courses or switch to International Baccalaureate or Tertiary Enhancement Studies.
English Language Support
Ivanhoe Grammar School provides international students with English courses (ELICOS) to take for the next 10 – 40 weeks, depending on the student’s English proficiency levels, this may increase or decrease. Additionally, students will be taught by highly experienced English teachers.
Pathways to University
Ivanhoe Grammar School cooperates with leading universities in Australia, especially the University of Melbourne through the School’s Partnership Programme International. Successful graduates can enrol into the University of Melbourne if students qualify for The University’s Guaranteed Academic Entry Standards.
Academic Achievement / Other Notable Achievements
In 2013, 26% of students scored more than 90 points in ATAR and 53% of students scored more than 80 points in ATAR.
International students will be unable to live by themselves or with friends of the same age range. The school requires all students to live with homestay families arranged by the school.
Support Services for International students
International students will be closely monitored and supervised, in place of the student’s parents. Support services aid students relating to immigration and Visas. The school nurse is responsible for the student’s health and well-being.